Monday, September 28, 2009

A Little Catch Up

     So I know I haven’t blogged in a few days, but there hasn’t been a ton to blog about.  However, I will try my best to do a little catch up.  Saturday was a total detox and recovery day for all of us.  We were all pretty worn out from our trip and it was just good to be home so we could do laundry, homework, and rest.  Kacey and I got out for a super long run, which felt so good considering we hadn’t been able to run all week.  The Internet was down which was frustrating because it made it hard blog, email, facebook, etc.  I took a long afternoon nap and then went for a run again by myself.  The night was mellow.  We had a DC session, talked, laughed, and then watched a movie.  It wasn’t a super exciting day, but a very necessary one. 
     Sunday was a pretty typical Sunday.  We went to church, came home and did some homework slash took a nap, and then I had my first night of dinner crew.  We had yummy lasagna for dinner and it tasted so good to have home cooked food rather than hostel or fast food.  Monday consisted of a run in the park with Kacey and Abby, school, another run by myself so I, and then dinner crew.  After dinner I went to McDonalds to use their Wifi (our Internet had been down pretty much the entire weekend) so I could get some homework done and use Skype.  Tuesday we had biology for an hour and then went as a class to the Wellcome Collection.  It is a museum dedicated to learning about medicine and the body, but was a little weird.  After the museum we headed back to the center to eat and then I ended up taking a nap for about an hour and a half.  After my nap I headed over to Portobello Road to get some fresh air and to find Kacey a birthday present.  Portobello is so fun and also a favorite place of mine.  I hurried back for dinner crew and then had some delicious Taco Soup for dinner.  After dinner Abby, Kacey, and I went on a walk around the neighborhood.  On the way back Annie and Lauren nailed us with water as we were walking up the stairs.  It was pretty funny and I’m trying to decide the best way to get them back.  My most recent idea is to henna a unibrow on them while they are asleep with the black henna we got at Southall.  Only problem is that my henna is still on and it’s been 3 weeks, so it might be too rude.  We were then in for the night and I Skyped Abigail for the first time in a few weeks and she gave me a tour of their house.  She sounded great and the house was darling.  Now I just need to go visit.  

A few shots of Portobello Road

No comments:

Post a Comment