Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Day @ the Museum and A Night of Queen

     Today was different from most Wednesdays because it wasn’t a travel day so we had a free day instead.  Abby, Annie, Kacey, and I woke up at the crack of noon to go get tickets for a show just to discover that they wouldn’t be on sale until 10AM.  We then decided to walk/run back, but got a little lost.  We ended up getting back on the Tube and then running home from the far end of Hyde Park.  We then came home, showered, and went back to get tickets slash a crazy old guy told Kacey congrats for looking 15.  After getting tickets Abby, Kacey, and I went to the Tate Modern Museum.  There was a lot of cool stuff there including some Picasso paintings and Andy Warhol pieces.  There was also a really cool exhibit that just opened called “Authority to Remove” featuring the “secrets” discovered about the Dutch Secret Service by an artist named Jill Magid.  There were some pretty cool quotes in the exhibit.  My three favorite were, “keep my secret beautiful by keeping it secret”, “secrecy is a 9 to 5 job”, and “the secret itself is much more beautiful than its revelation.”  After the museum we wandered across Millennium Bridge, past St. Paul’s, and then stopped for some yummy Spoon Me type yogurt.  After yogurt we headed back for a short afternoon nap before having dinner.  
I saw this and it totally reminded me of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

ANDY WARHOL
     After dinner Kacey and I finally talked to Sadi via Skype (she just got to Hawaii for the semester).  Then Abby, Kacey, and I headed out to go see We Will Rock You.  I saw it when I was here in 8th grade, but was so glad I saw it again.  The cast was amazing and it felt more like a rock concert than a musical.  One old guy got up during “We Are the Champions” and started clapping his hands together over his head.  He was alone in doing this for about a minute and then suddenly the whole crowd had joined.  I was so glad to finally get to a show and would highly recommend it to anyone.  


1 comment:

  1. Cath, is sounds like Queen was great. Wish I would've been there. Looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete