Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


        Happy Turkey Day!  To kick off the day, I played a game of flag football in Hyde Park.  It was really fun and we all got pretty into it (I have the mud stains to prove it).  Dr. Soper was quite surprised when I shoved him back in order to block.  My team couldn’t quite pull off a win, but we had fun trying.  After football I went with a bunch of the girls to a service at St. Paul’s honoring America.  The choir sang “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” and everyone sang “America the Beautiful.”  A sermon was given on gratitude and the American Ambassador also said a few words.  It was the perfect way to pay tribute to the red, white, and blue.  I loved seeing the American flag being carried in my US Marines.  
Flag Football in Hyde Park
Outside St. Paul's
        After the service we headed back right in time to have our Thanksgiving meal at 1PM.  Jaelyn cooked so naturally the food was good.  My favorites were the stuffing and pumpkin pie.  However, I must admit that I would have preferred to have my mom’s food because it’s better.  After eating and feeling very full, Abby, Kacey, Annie, Lauren, and I watch Charlie Brown’s Thanksgiving and took a long nap.  We then went to a movie theater at Shepherd’s Bush and saw New Moon.  The theater was really nice and had seats the size of a lay-z-boy.  The movie was good, but a little cheese.  And I must say that I am still “Team Edward.”  After the movie we came home, had way too many rounds of pie, had some DC, danced in the kitchen, talked, did some Pilates, and I skyped everyone at Nana’s.  It was so fun to see everyone and it made me want to be in two places at once.  Although today hasn’t been my usual Thanksgiving, it was so fun to celebrate it here and I’m so thankful for the opportunity I have to be in London. 

The Evans aka masters of the kitchen
Our Feast
Dinner in our usual seats
Our Table
New Moon @ Shepherd's Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment