Saturday, October 17, 2009

Churchill Museum/War Rooms/Studying




            I have three midterms next week before leaving for Ireland.  Therefore, most of the weekend has consisted of studying.  Thursday I was in class all day.  And since we had class, it was of course a gorgeous day.  However, Abby, Kacey, and I did manage to go on a 5-mile run between classes. 
            On Friday we went to the Cabinet War Rooms and Churchill Museum.  My family and I did this when we were here about 7 years ago, but it was even better this time around.  It was really interesting to be learning about more modern day history.  After the museum I decided I could use some alone time (something I don’t get much of here) and so I wandered through Covent Garden, Leicester Square, and then back to the Center.  While I was out I saw so many school kids and they were all in the cutest uniforms.  I then went back to the Center and attempted to find housing for next semester.  Abby and I called some guy named Randy about a house that is for rent, but then realized he wasn’t answering because it was only 6AM at home.  Hopefully he could understand my message even though I was laughing during the whole thing.  Abby and I then went on another long run and then came home and started studying for our tests.  We stayed up until about 1:30AM sitting down in the kitchen and talking with a big group/Jaelyn. 
            This morning I slept in until about 10AM.  I then did a little homework slash made some Ireland plans.  Kacey, Abby, and I decided to go Borough Market again to get some fresh fruit.  It was just as fun as the week before, plus we knew exactly which samples to get.  While we were there we saw the guy that played Marius in Les Miserables from earlier in the week.  We then came home and had a study group, ate some dinner, and did more homework/studying.  I have 60 different paintings to memorize along with the artist, title, and era.  However, it actually hasn’t been as bad as I expected it to be.  But enough blogging and back to the homework.  



Outside the War Rooms

Sir Winston Churchill

This was in the Churchill Museum and I couldn't help but take this picture for my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment