Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goodbye M&D, Goodbye BYU


        This morning started with saying bye to my parents at about 8AM.  It was sad to say bye, but at least I will see them three weeks from now.  I had so much fun with my parents and am so glad they came.  After all, they visited Abigail and Andrew on their missions and Study Abroad is my mission, so it’s fitting they came.  Once I said bye to them, I climbed back into bed and slept/watched some Gossip Girl until Kacey, Laura, Abby, and Annie came and met me at the hotel.  Once they arrived we stored all of our luggage and then headed to the D’Orsay.  

Outside the D'Orsay
        The D’Orsay is hands down one of my favorite museums.  I love the size of it and love the art inside.  A few of my favorites include pieces by, Van Gogh, Monet, and Degas.  We spent a few hours there seeing everything and completing our Humanities assignments and then went and got lunch crepes.  My crepe consisted of cheese, feta, and chicken.  It was SO good, but then I felt SO full once I was done.  After eating we headed to Notre Dame to climb the tower and see the church.  While we were outside Notre Dame and about to take a picture, we suddenly heard a man come up right behind us and say “You’re going to think I’m so weird.”  It turned out to be Soper sneaking into our picture, but he totally scared Kace and I.  We all got a good laugh, and picture out of it and then we headed over to Saint Chapelle.  Although I already did both of these with my parents, it was fun to go back.  

Notre Dame Gargoyle

On Top of Notre Dame

Soper in the Background

Bells of Notre Dame


Saint Chapelle


        The D’Orsay is hands down one of my favorite museums.  I love the size of it and love the art inside.  A few of my favorites include pieces by, Van Gogh, Monet, and Degas.  We spent a few hours there seeing everything and completing our Humanities assignments and then went and got lunch crepes.  My crepe consisted of cheese, feta, and chicken.  It was SO good, but then I felt SO full once I was done.  After eating we headed to Notre Dame to climb the tower and see the church.  While we were outside Notre Dame and about to take a picture, we suddenly heard a man come up right behind us and say “You’re going to think I’m so weird.”  It turned out to be Soper sneaking into our picture, but he totally scared Kace and I.  We all got a good laugh, and picture out of it and then we headed over to Saint Chapelle.  Although I already did both of these with my parents, it was fun to go back.  

Rodin Gardens

        After the windows it was time to say bye to Lauren who was leaving with BYU and time for us to go to the Rodin.  Although I had already been here as well, it was so fun to go back.  We started in the gardens and had so much fun mimicking the sculptures, making videos, and laughing.  After the Rodin, we tried to go to Napoleon’s Tomb, but were three minutes too late.  However, it wasn’t a problem because we just jumped on the Metro and headed to the L’Orangerie.  We got there 25 minutes before it closed, so our visit was short, but we managed to see everything.  

Monet

Outside the L'Orangerie

        From the L’Orangerie we walked all of the way up the Champs Ellysees.  We made a stop at the Disney store to find out about Paris Disneyland, picked up some Bonbons, and then picked up our bags before taking them to out new hotel.  The Hotel Mac Mohen turned out to be a little sketchy, but the location was great and there happened to be an extra twin bed.  After checking in, we headed over to McDonalds to use the Internet.  We then went and climbed the arc.  It turned out to be rather tiring considering I was hauling my computer in my purse, but well worth it.  The view was great and it was fun to hang out on top.  After the Arc, we went back to the hotel where we watched some Gossip Girl and fell fast asleep.  


Arc de Triomphe

No comments:

Post a Comment