Friday, November 20, 2009

Disneyland Paris: "The Happiest Place on Earth"



        Today was a very fun and much needed day.  Kacey, Laura, Annie, Abby, and I decided it was time to give the museums a rest and checkout Euro Disney.  After all, when again would we be back and have the chance to go as a group?  Our day started at about 8AM by grabbing some breakfast at a bakery and then taking the train to Disneyland Paris.  I couldn’t help but smile the second we walked out of the station and saw the park.  We were all so excited to be there.  The last time I went to Disneyland was when I was 3 and Disneyworld when I was 9, so it was about time for another visit.  We purchased our park hopper tickets and then entered right into the Disneyland Park.  Our first ride was Indiana Jones.  It was really fun, but rattled us a lot.  Next up was Pirates of the Caribbean, followed by Peter Pan.  This was my favorite because we got to fly over London and I felt right at home.   Although it was only about 11:15 AM, we decided we could use a little snack and so we all shared some yummy kettle corn and Cola Light (not to be confused about Diet Coke).  We then went on Space Mountain, which was another favorite of mine.  It lasted a long time and was so fun. 


Yo Ho Yo Ho


Space Mountain
        After Space Mountain we decided to have some lunch at Pizza Planet (the Pizza place in Toy Story).  It was yummy and I was stoked about the Mickey shaped pizza.  When we left lunch, we ran into a bunch of the characters.  Pictures with them seemed to be in high demand, so we had to fight our way next to them.  We then headed over to the other park, Disney Studios.  The first ride we went on was Rockin’ Rollercoaster.  It was pretty fun, but the best part was the take off.  Next up, and my favorite was the Tower of Terror.  I went on it in Florida, but forgot how fun it was.  The only problem was that I somehow swallowed air when we dropped, resulting in hiccups for about 2 hours.  When we got off of the ride, we were just in time for a performance/parade with all of the characters.  It was fun to watch/hear because a lot of the songs were in French.  

Lunch @ Pizza Planet


Rockin' Rollercoaster
        By mid-afternoon we were all a little chilly and hoping to find sweatshirts.  We probably looked in every store in both parks, but were unsuccessful.  After our attempt to find sweatshirts, we went on the Haunted Manor.  This one turned out to be pretty lame, but it was ok because the Teacups that we went on after made up for it.  Next ride was Thunder Mountain.  This one is a classic, thus also a fun ride.  It was also the only ride we decided to use Fast Passes for, considering the wait was 25 minutes.  After Thunder Mountain it was the main parade with all of the characters and floats throughout the park.  I loved seeing the many costumes and creative ideas (the army men and lion king animals were my favorites).  We then rushed to Space Mountain for a second ride and NO line considering most were still at the parade.  For some reason it made me a little sick/gave me a headache the second time, but that didn’t stop me from going on Star Tours.  Star Tours was cool, but didn’t help me feel any better.  I guess I am aging and am not what I used to be when it comes to rides.  We then stopped at one last shop on the way out to get some gifts and for me to get a tall glass for Château Bass (my future apartment) and my Diet Coke.  



Good Old Smee

Teacups!


Monsters Scream Station

        After shopping we were all hungry and so we decided to get food in Disney Village.  It was nothing special, but at least it was something.  We then used up some of our coins in the vending machine to buy some Bonbons and a Beuno Bar before getting on the train back to Paris.  All in all, I couldn’t have asked for a better day.  However, I’m pretty convinced that there are no rules or regulations in Europe considering that many of the rides seemed a little dangerous and I was allowed to take pictures while on the rides.  But hey… Disneyland + Paris + Christmas + No lines + Friends, really does equal the “Happiest Place on Earth.” 

After a Solid Day @ Disneyland

No comments:

Post a Comment