Thursday, August 27, 2009

Goodbye SLC, Ello London

The day for me to leave for London has finally come.  Believe it or not I was able to sort through the massive piles of clothes I wanted to pack and narrow it down to what I actually could pack.  It was a tight squeeze, but with my great upper body strength I was able to close my bags.  The only problem was that I had Dylan weigh my bags just to discover that one of them was 15 lbs. over.  So I ditched a few sweaters, added a few books to my carry-on, and was ready to go.  William and my Mom took me to the airport where I met the Schneider the clan.  We snapped a picture, hugged, and were on our way.  Kacey and I were laughing at ourselves the whole way through security while our parents wiped away tears.  We flew to Minneapolis where we ate and changed planes, then boarded for London.  The last thing I remember was getting out my pillow, popping an Ambien, and starting to watch Taken.  The next thing I knew we were preparing to land in London and it was the next day.  Fastest and easiest flight I have taken.  After getting through Passport Control we caught our Dot-2-Dot Shuttle that took us to our flat.  We hauled our luggage up some stairs and sat down to enjoy a cold DC and some lunch.  After lunch we decided to take a long walk to avoid going to sleep.  We walked all the way through Hyde Park to the London Center aka our home for the next 4 months.  It took a while, but after about an hour of walking/people watching, we made it to the Center.  On the way back we stopped in Kensington Gardens to see the beautiful flowers.  Next up is packing for Italy and storing/re-packing the remainder of our luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment